We offer an extensive learn to swim programme for children from school age and over, which follows the National Plan for Teaching Swimming (NPTS).
There are 7 NPTS stages:
- Beginners 1 (red hats) – NPTS Stage 1 & 2
- Beginners 2 (yellow hats) – NPTS Stage 3
- Improvers 1 (green hats) – NPTS Stage 4
- Improvers 2 (light blue hats) – NPTS Stage 5
- Top Improvers (blue hats) – NPTS Stage 6 & 7
Lessons run on Fridays at 5.30pm, 6.00pm or 6.30pm or Saturdays 9.30am or 10.00am. All lessons are 25 minutes long (except for Top Improvers, which are 40 minutes and on Saturdays there is only one group at 9.30am).
There is more information about the ASA National Plan for Teaching Swimming and the Wavepower Child Protection Guidelines on the ASA website www.britishswiming.org and through Parent Resources produced by the ASA.
For more information about lessons please contact Sharon Howe, Club Secretary via our contact form.